Donor Bill of Rights
Agape House recognizes and declares that its donors and its prospective donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, its intent for using donated resources, and its capacity to effectively use donations for those purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured that gifts will be used only for the purposes for which they are given.
- To receive appropriate individual acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their gift is handled with confidentiality to the extent permitted by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed of the status of those seeking donations, whether employees, volunteers or paid solicitors.
- To have the opportunity to have their names deleted from any mailing list that the organization may intend to share.
- To receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to any questions asked when making a donation.